Microphones and PCs

Posted on

Member Since: Nov 24, 2002

Ok this is gonna sound real dumb.how do you hook a good mic up to use with your PC so you can utilize multitrack recording software.I only have a 1/8 " hole on my sound card.There must be a way other than adapting my xlr down to it.I'm just getting into the PC thing and want to keep my little tascam studio separate for now.

[ Back to Top ]

Since: Apr 03, 2002

Nov 24, 2002 06:00 pm

either get a mixer to run the mic into, some sort of microphone preamp or adapt your mic down to a 1/8" in...one of the three. Well, there is a forth option and that is to get a new sound card that has a three prong mic jack...

Since: Sep 09, 2002

Nov 24, 2002 07:54 pm

hey wingdwolf, it looks like you have some nice stuff and you'll be recording guitars too?? unless you have some kind of direct box like a line6 POD or something, I think you'll find at least a simple mixer with some preamps onboard will open the way to a multitude of options on your PC. I've only had a mixer for about 2 months, and now I have no idea how I lived before without it. -j

The fat one always watches us.
Since: Nov 08, 2002

Nov 25, 2002 07:51 am

i run through my little tascam 4 track-out of the 4 track on the left/right rca into an rca left/right to 1/8 adapter and into sound card line in. works pretty good for a poor guy

Since: Apr 03, 2002

Nov 25, 2002 07:59 am


Learn to make your own cables! it helps lessen the cost of buying pre-made cables, if done well they last longer and you will need less "adapters" cuz you can make cables to suit your situation perfectly.

Related Forum Topics:

If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.