new song, new mic
Posted on Sep 18, 2005 08:15 am
Member Since: Jun 27, 2005
just looking for some feedback
good - bad , new mic that you all helped me with advice a few months back.
song is "fly in the plane with buddy holly"
bottom of page
[ Back to Top ]
Sep 18, 2005 09:48 pm I am going to list my thoughts as the song progresses:
- Awesome guitar sound
- Nice vocal tone/level
- Nice melody
- Very nice voice
- Kind of quiet, overall, has it been mastered?
- "Holly" sounds like "Hally" but it's fine because that's your style
- Nice dynamics in the chorus
- I kind of want a bridge or something, and then repeat the chorus again, it's a great chorus.
Cool song, very nicely done.
Sep 18, 2005 11:35 pm I'll echo brock, real nice sound on the acoustic and vocals. Great dynamics, mix levels sound about right on to me. The song itself I really like, fits right in with the range of stuff I listen too. :)
Since: Jul 02, 2003
Sep 19, 2005 09:48 am Thanks brockferguson, olddog- hey ya know this is the second song that i have recorded which seems to be lacking in overall volume. I did master this one. Is it just a matter of bringing up the master- any quick advice would be appreciated- I use the BR1600.
Since: Jun 27, 2005
Sep 19, 2005 12:04 pm Here's my mastering process which seems to get things quite loud :)
- Magneto (on any level, depends on the type of music, this could have a Medium Output I believe)
- Izotope 3 (using a preset of your choice)
- 2nd round of light compression with Cubase's default Dynamics plugin, with a limiter
- Pull the levels up to 0.00 on the stereo out.
If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.