Posted on Aug 03, 2016 06:57 am
Administrator Since: Apr 03, 2002
August 4 – 2016 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hochriesstrasse 6, 83071 Stephanskirchen, Germany
Media related inquiries: [email protected]
Phone:+49(0) 8031 / 237 643
Tone2 Audio releases Icarus - 3D wavetable synthesizer
What is Icarus?
Icarus is a powerful, new synthesizer with '3D wavetable synthesis'. It offers a fresh sound, which quickly catches the audiences' attention. The innovative resynthesis can rebuild nearly any sound with a mouse-click. The easy to use interface and a massive amount of inspiring factory sounds allow a rapid creation of professional tracks.
What is 3D wavetable synthesis?
Icarus is a '3D wavetable synthesizer', because the popular traditional wavetable synthesis, which is capable of cross-blending waveforms, has been extended with an additional dimension for morphing. Wavetables can be manipulated with 54 different morph modes in real-time. As a result Icarus can create sounds with lots of dynamic expression and movement. Many of these sounds can not be created by other synthesizers.
The audio engine offers a huge sonic range and is very versatile. It is able to reproduce all important synthesizer sounds. Additional to this it can create lots of exclusive sounds which are not possible with other synthesizers. It offers the highest possible sound quality with low CPU requirement.
It can do: All classic synthesis methods, 3D wavetables, morphing, resynthesis, vocoder, 53 effects, 3x10 stereo oscillators, hypersaw, supersaw, unison, additive synthesis, dual stereo filters with 62 filter types...
Vocoder and speech synthesis:
Icarus is able to 'sing'. The included vocal patches are not just simple 'vocal samples' which are played back – it is real speech synthesis. As a result these vocal chants are never out-of-tune. They are correctly time-stretched for the 'right groove' and synchronize to the song's BPM rate automatically. The built-in vocoder module allows the creation of custom phrases with a mouse-click.
The innovative resynthesis function in Icarus allows it, to rebuild nearly any sound with a mouse-click. The new algorithm gives better results and is easier to use than traditional methods.
Many animated displays give visual feedback instantly and make tweaking accessible to anyone, regardless of the skill level. A customizable interface allows to pick the favorite colors. With several instances of Icarus loaded at the same time, it's possible to show single instances with different color schemes. This helps to keep the orientation within complex projects with many tracks.
The wavetable editor includes a massive amount of advanced tools to tweak and create wavetables, like an additive spectrum editor or the possibility to paint waveforms with the mouse.
Icarus comes with a flexible, modular effects section. 53 different effects can be combined to build new and exciting effects. It's possible to store the new creations to the harddisc or to import them.
Icarus allows to connect dozens of modulation sources to all important sound parameters. Almost any parameter can be modulated well into audio-rate speed.
Features & technical details
- 3D wavetable synthesizer: Wavetables can be morphed in several dimensions
- Powerful and flexible sound engine with true stereo architecture
- High-end sound quality with low CPU requirement
- Easy to use interface with direct visual feedback
- Huge sonic range
- Many exclusive sounds, which are not possible with other synthesizers
- Perfect for modern, as well as all other music styles
- Over 1000 sounds by professional designers
- Patch browser and flexible preset management
- New resynthesis method, which is easy to use and gives good results
- Modular effect section with 53 effects
- High quality vocoder with 1024 bands
- 3 oscillator blocks, each offering up to 10 stereo oscillators, which can play hypersaws, unison, stacks or chords
- Wavetables can be morphed with 54 different modes (FM, PWM, formant, phase distort, sync, ...)
- All morph modes can be combined with any kind of wavetable or hypersaw
- Wavetable editor with many advanced features
- A random wavetable generator can create completely new wavetables
- Waveforms can be painted using the mouse
- Additive spectrum editor
- Import and export of wavetables/waveforms from other synthesizers
- Dual multi-mode filter section with 62 filter types and 8 distortion types
- Arpeggiator with advanced features like chords, glides, swing & shuffle
- Fast and punchy envelopes
- LFOs with audio-rate modulation speed and BPM sync
- Flexible mod matrix
- Midi learn support
- Dynamic microtuning to enhance chords
- Customizable user interface with 40 colors schemes
Price: €149 / $199
Mac OSX 10.5 or higher, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Supported plugin formats:
32 bit VSTi, 64 bit VSTi, 32 bit AU, 64 bit AU, Standalone for PC
Link to the product pages (English, German, French, Japanese):
Download links (you are allowed to give these links also to the public):
Presskit (also includes screenshots and images):
[ Back to Top ]
Related Forum Topics:
If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.