wanting to license sound effects

Posted on

Member Since: Sep 25, 2007

Hi everyone,

I work for a company that is looking to license various sound effects files. We'll essentially then be selling these as loops (for use with our own software), so we can't simply buy a sound effects CD and use that. So, we're looking for someone who has created their own library of sound effects who is willing to license them to us. We're looking for a non-exclusive buyout, which means that we would have the rights to use the sounds in whatever way we see fit, but the person who licensed them to us would also have full rights to them, and could sell them him/herself, or license them to someone else.

One thing that also might make this a bit more difficult is that we're looking for clips that are a minimum of 30 seconds (preferably longer, 1-3 minutes). For example, if one of the files was a recording of a crackling fire, we wouldn't want to hear the exact same crackle and pop every 5 seconds.

Here are some of the types of sounds that we'd like to license:

Whale song
Crackling fire
Ocean sounds
Jungle sounds
A variety of bird songs
Wind, rain

If anyone is able to provide this for us, please email me at [email protected] Please put "sound effects" in the subject field (or the email will likely be automatically deleted).

thanks for your time!

[ Back to Top ]

Since: Apr 03, 2002

Sep 25, 2007 01:21 pm

I'd say talk to PowerFX


Ne'er ate 'er
Since: Apr 05, 2006

Sep 25, 2007 01:22 pm

The only sound effects I've created myself are probably unfit for your needs.

I won't elaborate.

Czar of Midi
Since: Apr 04, 2002

Sep 28, 2007 03:01 pm

Tobin, I'm with dB on trying those guys. Although depending on your timeline I might be able to help you with some of them. But it wouldn't be for a couple of weeks yet before I get time to run through and find them.

Hold 'Em Czar
Since: Dec 30, 2004

Oct 13, 2007 06:20 am

is this for a 'mood cd' type thing or are you gonna be marketing to musicians and whatnot? i'm just judging by your request, but i'm not sure a 'home-recording' is what you're looking for....a dedicated "foley artist" might be who your are looking for.


now if it's beats and loops you want, there ARE ppl that can help.

all the best


Since: Jan 28, 2012

Jan 28, 2012 01:56 am

Soundrangers sound effects are licensed, not sold, for synchronized use within the purchaser's sound creations and productions. All copying, lending, duplicating, reselling, distributing or de-compiling of this product in its original form to any party other than the purchaser is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this is in violation of state and federal copyright laws. Only the original purchasers of this product have the right to use the enclosed sound effects within their own sound productions.

Since: Nov 27, 2007

Jan 28, 2012 03:54 am


Since: Jan 30, 2011

Jan 29, 2012 12:42 am

hello new member. thanks for the jargen.

bace135 in the house tonight!
Since: Jan 28, 2003

Jan 29, 2012 03:10 pm

Ha ha ha, I was just telling my buddy that the other day.

Since: Apr 03, 2002

Jan 30, 2012 11:33 am

Well, if nothing else, we clearly got a few decent keywords out of that spammy, stupid post. :-)

Related Forum Topics:

If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.