Patch Bay

Posted on

The Beat Keeper
Member Since: Dec 16, 2004

Im looking into purchasing a patch bay, what should i look into besides the number of points on it?

Peter Parker

[ Back to Top ]

Since: Aug 17, 2004

Nov 16, 2005 01:21 am

You'll want to figure out whats best for your studio, Normalled, half normalled, parallel.

When I bought my patch bay I didn't know so I ended up very confused...

Also are you going to go with 1/6 inch or a 1/4 inch patch bay?

The Beat Keeper
Since: Dec 16, 2004

Nov 16, 2005 05:49 pm

I would have to say 1/4

Czar of Midi
Since: Apr 04, 2002

Nov 16, 2005 07:55 pm

1/4" would be the best choice for a personal/home studio. Have a look at the Behringer patch bays. They are moderately priced and allow you to select per patch set whether you want open, normalled, half normalled or parralell. I have used them for years and they work great.

The Beat Keeper
Since: Dec 16, 2004

Nov 16, 2005 09:46 pm

Good looking out. What does open and parallel mean? I grasp the whole normalled and half normalled. Does open mean that the in/output arent wired internally?

?cixelsid I mA
Since: Jul 30, 2005

Nov 17, 2005 01:20 pm

I have a Samson patch bay and have had good use so far. They have mini toggle switches on the front that allow u to switch between normalled, half normalled, and thru. Very handy cause u dont have to take it apart to change modes. they sell for about $99 which is competitive with other good quality units.

Related Forum Topics:

If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.