Posted on Aug 20, 2019 04:22 pm
Member Since: Sep 18, 2007
hope you're all good! Its time to upgrade some of my home studio bits and pieces and thought id drop a line on here to get any advice!
My MacBook Pro is slowly starting to die and I'm biting the bullet this weekend to purchase a new 27" top spec iMac Pro with the 1tb SSD and plan to max it out with RAM (not via apple's pricing though!!)
My current setup is small, but has done the trick for many a year and I'm more than happy with it but I do believe its time to upgrade a few bits and pieces here and there!
- M1 Alesis 520 MK1 Monitors (possible upgrade? had them for years, love the sound and have gotten used to the response I get from them, only downside is they lack slightly in low end but I guess thats to be expected with 5" drivers)
- M Audio Fast Track Pro (definitely needs changing as drivers not correctly supported with IOS 10.13.3+)
- Sennheiser HD 280 pro Headphones
- M Audio Axiom 61 (mark 1) - potentially interested in purchasing an 88 key for reasonable money
- Audio Technica AT4040 microphone
I mainly produce and create hip hop tracks and the odd pop style song recording other female vocalists;
the things I'm looking to potentially purchase are;
- New interface, something with 2 inputs as occasionally I like to jam on the guitar whilst singing via the microphone so I think 2 inputs are a must
- New Monitors (these babies have been good to me, but I think its about time I go up a gear, I'm not overly fond of the sound I heard from the Rokit G5's but I must admit, last time I listened to them was at least 5 years ago)
- New microphone for recording rap vocals, and potentially a second mic for female singing vocals? unless I can get a versatile 'all rounder' if there even is such a thing?
Price wise I'm looking to do things as cost effective as possible (isn't everyone?) but I appreciate that bottom of the line stuff will give a bottom of the line product so perhaps I'm open to spending a bit more if it means ill get the right thing!
Anybody got any pointers? anything that they could recommend me investigating?
Thanks very much in advance!
[ Back to Top ]
Related Forum Topics:
If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.