Czar of Turd Polish
Since: Jun 20, 2006
I believe if you need to go the dedicated card route you need to find one with a Texas Instruments chipset in it. That does solve alot of FW issues.
Posted on May 17, 2010 05:48 am
Member Since: May 17, 2010
I´d very much appreciate your help on my problem with the mentioned interface on Windows 7 64 bit. For who knows this interface: the green led FW turns off every ... sec and my audio drops out. So I can´t record anything. My configuration is as follows:
Dell Studio XPS i7 860 @2.8 GHz
8 Gb RAM
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
FL Studio XXL 9.1.0
Sony Vegas Pro 9.0e (video-editing)
I´ve tried a lot already to solve it:
- Downloaded and installed the new firmware (Saffire Mix Control 2.0)
- Working off-line and without VS & Firewall.
- Optimizing Windows for audio
- Trying the interface on another PC running Windows Home Premium 64 bit (interface and cable are working fine there)
- Downgrading firewire to legacy driver and software to Saffire Mix Control 1.5
- Bought a new dedicated firewire card with a by Focusrite tested chipset (VIA VT6306)
Can anyone think of a solution?
Charles van Kampen
[ Back to Top ]
Related Forum Topics:
If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.