Behringer mixer problems
Posted on Nov 29, 2007 02:45 pm
Member Since: Nov 29, 2007
So I've had a small Behringer mixer that I've used as a backup mixer. I've had it for two years, but it's barely seen any use.
Anyways, I decided to use it yesterday to lay down some guitar tracks, when I noticed that touching the mixer (which is made of metal) resulted in a really uncomfortable electric shock. It scared the heck outta me, and so I've been looking around to see if anyone's had a similar problem. I noticed that someone else had the same problem with a Behringer mixer a while back, and I was wondering if anyone had found out what the problem was, or discovered a solution.
The mixer is indeed one of those 'power-brick' mixers, with double insulation. I'm not entirely sure that that's the problem.
[ Back to Top ]
Noize2uCzar of MidiAdministrator
Nov 29, 2007 09:12 pm Well it could be a number of things. A short come to mind. It could be in the power supply or internal in the mixer itself.
Since: Apr 04, 2002
Has either the power supply or the mixer been subjected to any shock such as dropping or being jarred heavily?
It also could be the wall outlet is not grounded properly. You can pick up a cheap outlet checker at any hardware store and verify that easily. I would suggest going that route first before opening up the case on the mixer.
I have used Berry gear for years and never had that happen here.
If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.