Help for connection

Posted on

Member Since: Feb 20, 2007

someone can recomend me what cables have to use,I have a samson control room C-control and I have a active speakers behinger truth b2031, so I don't know if use normal cables (instrument cable 1/4), or speaker cables, actually I'm using instrument cables, will be better use speakers cables?????

thanks in advance

[ Back to Top ]

Cone Poker
Since: Apr 07, 2002

Feb 22, 2007 03:30 pm

I would use speaker cables for going to the speakers :)

Ne'er ate 'er
Since: Apr 05, 2006

Feb 22, 2007 03:52 pm

Instrument cables have an impedance of 50 ohms or so, that can cut your power output.

Prince CZAR-ming
Since: Apr 08, 2004

Feb 22, 2007 04:03 pm

No, there's only line level going from control device, and the active monitors only want to see line level signal, so it's not relevant to use speaker cables.

Speaker cables are normally larger gauge (16, 14, 12 for high power) and are unshielded, as there's very little chance of interference getting into large power.

Conversely, line level cables are almost always sheilded, and can be 22ga, or 24ga even.

I'm not sure of the 50ohm thing on instrument cables. I'll have to spec one out when I get home. Seems to me that the source defines the imedance more than the cable, mostly. I'm kinda gray on these areas though.

If I would go looking for correct, I'd say 1/4" patch cables would be the ideal ticket.

Ne'er ate 'er
Since: Apr 05, 2006

Feb 22, 2007 04:49 pm

Oops I didn't see the word 'active' in his post. Thought they were regular speakers.

I got the 50 ohm number from Yahoo Answers. Sorry for not crediting my source - which may be full of it.

Since: Aug 17, 2004

Feb 22, 2007 05:34 pm

Make sure they're balanced tho'.

Related Forum Topics:

If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.