"pro amps" and "studio amps"

Posted on

Melodic Master Mind
Member Since: Apr 19, 2004

hey guys, well i saw 2 "pro" amps in a local store down here.....and i was wondering can they be used for mixing? is there a difference between them and "studio" amps or is the hook just for marketing? www.topdjgear.com/gegxprstam.html www.rs100.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=360

i see like even on sounds it got peavey pro amps....and behringer studio amps and pro amps.....i guess the pro amps is more like for djing? cause they got more power....i dont know...please enlighten me

[ Back to Top ]

String bender
Since: Unknown

Feb 08, 2006 12:32 am

Well the ones with more power are in most cases used for P.A. and live sound. The Studio type amps are usually used to power passive monitors.

Eat Spam before it eats YOU!!!
Since: May 11, 2002

Feb 08, 2006 12:36 am

those are PA amps ... they could be used for mixing if you mixed though a 400w PA system :)

for passive studio monitors you need a "reference amp" which is sort of like the amp in your home sterio system... just better...

Melodic Master Mind
Since: Apr 19, 2004

Feb 08, 2006 01:14 pm

thanks guys

Czar of Midi
Since: Apr 04, 2002

Feb 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Have a look at Alesis Referance series amps. Not to expensive and work great.

Related Forum Topics:

If you would like to participate in the forum discussions, feel free to register for your free membership.